Renters Insurance Options for International Students

Renters Insurance Options for International Students

SURE offers hassle-free renters insurance that'll protect your clothes, furniture, and even yourself from unexpected damages and injuries. The SURE team will get you set up with a free quote and the correct coverage that you need!

What exactly is renter’s insurance?

Renter’s insurance will cover your personal belongings in the event that something unfortunate happens in your rented home. 

If you live in a rented off-campus property (condo, house, apartment), the homeowner’s insurance your landlord has taken won’t cover your personal belongings, as it only covers the actual building structure.

So if there’s a fire, robbery, burst pipe or other damage done in your home, it’s your responsibility to replace your belongings out of your own pocket as the homeowner’s insurance policy taken out by your landlord won’t cover them.

This includes your laptop, television, gadgets, electronics, clothes, textbooks, jewelry, furniture – anything you own.

Regardless of age or citizenship, everyone could use renters' insurance. Ensuring your property can protect you in the event of theft or natural disasters. Additionally, many landlords require a cosigner on a lease. This can be difficult for international students to attain. Through our partners, we can help provide renters insurance options to help you search for the coverage you are looking for.

Get Started


Show More

Download Study in the USA® Magazines