How do I get my US student visa?

How do I get my US student visa?

Aug 20, 2020

Question: How do I get my US student visa?

Answer: First, you must be accepted into a school. Your school or university will send you a form confirming your acceptance at an institution authorized by the U.S. Citizenship and Naturalization Service (USCIS) to enroll non-immigrant students (the I-20 or an F-1 visa or the DS-2019 for a J-1 visa). Then you will need to schedule your visa interview and pay the required fees. Next, you will need to complete the non-immigrant visa application form, DS-160, that should be completed online. Finally, you will need to prepare for your visa interview. You can find more detailed information and instructions with this article: 

How to Get Your U.S. Student Visa 

Follow us:
Written by

Study in the USA

Get matched to the best program for you

Let us know what you're looking for so we can find the best school for you.

Call to action background image. Decorative.

Check Out These Schools

Featured Programs

Edmonds College

Typical cost per Quarter: $1,000—$5,000

Bachelor Degree Secondary/Boarding Certificate/Short Term

Start your U.S. adventure with Study in the USA

What's your dream? We can guide, advise, and connect you with your perfect U.S. school. We can also help you with the application process.
Partner Services

Learn About U.S. education financing, housing, and more

Subscribe to get the latest from Study in the USA

You can unsubscribe at any time.